Wednesday, December 28, 2016

November 14, 2016

We did a bunch of service this week, we volunteered at a blood drive 3 times, set up all the chairs in the temple for the dedication and we also raked a lot of leaves.... so, many, leaves. 

So, we had zone conference this week and it was so much fun to see lots of missionaries that I have served with and to learn from our mission president. The zone conference was in Groton, which was the ward building that the Westerly branch met in! It felt so weird to be back there! It was cool to see how much I’ve been able to do and learn in just 10 months! 

We got back from zone conference and had about an hour before our next appointment, I was feeling really tired and lazy from waking up early and driving 2 hours to zone conference, but we decided to go tracting anyway. We talked to a lot of people and knocked a lot of doors. In my mind I was thinking, "gosh why do people not even care what we have to say, I always hear about people that God has prepared and who are ready to hear the message but I’ve never found anyone like that" I said a little prayer as we kept walking just asking God to help us find someone who would listen and recognize what we were saying is true. Then on the last door we knocked this lady opened the door, not looking too excited to see us, and we told her that God had restored His church on the earth and all that good stuff, she told us she believed in God, but thought that the way churches are run is corrupt and everyone is just in it for money and praise. We were able to tell her that our church doesn’t have any paid clergy and that it really is run the way that God wants it to be run. She asked for the information for our church and said she would consider it. God sure got me on that one. She recognized what we said as truth and that’s what i asked for.

Key Principle:

One thing that I love about the gospel is that its so simple yet so complex, I feel like God shows this to me time and time again and this week it was through a simple primary song, that I’m sure most of you know, its cool to see that what the kids in the church learn is the same as what we are all still learning 
"Families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan, i always want to be with my own family and the Lord has shown me how I can."

I spoke in sacrament meeting this week on forever families, which really is the good news that we get to share with others is that God wants us to be happy, he has provided us a way that we can be and that is through the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Thanks for all your love and support! Have a great week!
XOXOX  Sister Brooks






 

No comments:

Post a Comment