Tuesday, November 1, 2016

October 24, 2016

October 24, 2016

Well the temple open house is over..... I’m so happy to be back in our area but it was sad that it went by so fast! The last few days were so fun. It rained a lot and was freezing on Saturday but that didn’t stop the crowds from coming we had over 6000 people come and 51,000+ overall! 
It was so much fun to see people from my old areas and also some family friends from PA. I got to see Maureen this week one of my investigators from Weston and it was so good to see her!
This Sunday we were supposed to go to the Avon ward and do a musical number with all the temple sisters we were all set to go and then that morning I had a strong impression that we should go to our ward in Bloomfield I talked to sister Morris about it and she agreed so we went to the Bloomfield ward and it was a good thing we did because one of our less active members was sitting in his car debating whether or not to come in and we just so happened to pull up right next to him! Then we walk into gospel principles class and there is someone we didn’t recognize. So we introduce ourselves to her and turns out she had gone to the temple open house a few weeks before and she filled out a comment card and had been talking with missionaries in SLC who encouraged her to go to church, and there she was! We got her phone number and hopefully we will be able to start teaching her! I’m so excited to start teaching people again and see all the miracles that will come from this open house. 
One thing i am going to miss a lot is being able to sit in the celestial room at the end of the day and just relax. I will also miss the members we stayed with! They were so awesome and took such good care of us they even invited one of their coworkers to the temple who will be coming to our ward next Sunday! 
After church on Sunday we had to take the PVC van back up to Weston so we spent 5 hours in the car.... driving up and back but we did get a new car and its wicked nice! 
key principle:
"if we wait until we are ready, we will be waiting the rest of our lives."
this week I’ve really learned how to live in the moment and to just enjoy what I’m doing and who I’m with the temple open house was such an amazing experience and I’m excited for this next transfer! 
Love you all! 

-- 
     XOXO

-Sister Sophie Brooks



No comments:

Post a Comment